Plugin Web API for nopCommerce gives an access to business data stored in nopCommerce database. It is built with ASP.NET Web API and the OData provider technologies. The plugin requires the knowledge about the nopCommerce database structure.
Integrate 3rd party software with nopCommerce
WebAPI OData gives you possibility to integrate your nopCommerce store with your current eco system in the company. You can integrate your CRM and customer service platform easily.
Import data from ERP systems
ERP systems are currently one of the most important things in the company, they allows you to keep
Centralization of business logic
Centralization of business logic will lessen your efforts, making your work worthwhile. As a result, business information can be maintained with consistency.
Methods available in Web API plugin
The four main HTTP methods (GET, PUT, POST, PATCH and DELETE) can be mapped to CRUD operations as follows:
- GET retrieves the representation of the resource at a specified URI. GET should have no side effects on the server.
- PUT updates a resource at a specified URI. PUT can also be used to create a new resource at a specified URI, if the server allows clients to specify new URIs. For this tutorial, the API will not support creation through PUT.
- PATCH updates data in database (not all fields are required).
- POST creates a new resource. The server assigns the URI for the new object and returns this URI as part of the response message.
- DELETE deletes a resource at a specified URI.
Enables OData Query Options
Web API supports the following OData query options:
- $expand - Expands related entities inline
- $filter - Filters the results, based on a Boolean condition
- $orderby - Sorts the results
- $select - Selects which properties to include in the response
- $skip - Skips the first n results
- $top - Returns only the first n the results
Using $select, $expand, and $value in Web API
Web API 2 adds support for the $expand, $select, and $value options in OData. These options allow a client to control the representation that it gets back from the server.
$expand causes related entities to be included inline in the response.
$select selects a subset of properties to include in the response.
$value gets the raw value of a property.
List of supported tables is available at instruction.
Please note when you use the newest version of Web API for nopCommerce 4.20, that it has changed the way of authentication process.
How nopCommerce plugin – Web API OData will help your customers?
- 1. Easily test the business logic with external tools
- 2. Lightweight architecture
- 3. Web API for nopCommerce work is based on HTTP and is easy to manage in RESTful way.
- 4. Test its work with unit tests
Still not convinced?
There is available a trial version of Web API, so you are able to download it and install in your store. Just click the button "Get Trial" and finish the free checkout to get it..